The Writing Desk

The Large Teenage Writer's Desk

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The Wars Of Space

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

Male Number of posts : 94
Writing forte/s : Science-fiction
Registration date : 2006-08-11

PostSubject: The Wars Of Space   Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:39 pm

My story that I started a year ago, but never finished, re-worked, and still not finished. This is the foist chapter.

Chapter One

Starring out the view port of the prisoner transport, Jack wondered if he'd ever be free. This was the fourth prison he was going to be in. It had been two years since his conviction and he had no clear recollection of what he did. But he knew it had something to do with some retarded intergalactic trade ship, or something of that sort.

The stars were flying past at such a rate, they looked like one long, white streak. Behind them stood the vast emptiness of space. And with all windows, Jack could see his miserable face. He starred at his reflection, contemplating his reasons for being here.

The ship lurched and jumped sideways, slamming Jack against the laser bars. He screamed in pain when his back hit them. He ran forward and looked out the view port again. Green laser bolts flashed by.

“Holy shit! They actually came,” he said, overjoyed. At the bars, he watched as the blast doors hissed and flew open. Blaster fire rained in on the guards as three men waltzed in. Jack watched as the guards tried to win.

“Hey you,” One of the guards ran up to Jack, “these friends of yours?”

“No, I've never heard of them in my life.”

“Yous sure? They seem interested in yous.”

“Oh, they do? How fucking interesting. Well, if they're here for me, I might as well give them a hand in killin you all.” Jack carefully grabbed the guards arm and pulled him towards the bars. The guard yelled as his body came in contact with them. Jack smiled, not letting go until the guard was dead.

The three men made their way down to Jack's cell. “So, what do you have to say for yourself? Apparently, you've been a bad boy. Getting transferred, again. What the hell did you do this time?”

“Ah, it's you. Well Orais, I almost killed one s-o-b and seriously injured another, all because they were dicks.”

“Really? Sounds like you have had a good time in prison. So, ya miss us?”

“What? You really think I missed you? Ha! I wouldn't miss you even if you were the hottest chick in space. Now, to business, get me out of this god-damned cell.”

Orais fumbled around the guards corpse, searching for his key card. Once he found it, it was used to disable the laser bars. Jack stepped out of the cell and shook Orais' hand.

“It's good to be free, ain't it?” Orais asked.

“You're damn right it is. So, where do we go from here?”

“We have this nice little hideout on the planet of Larje Four. We'll take you there as soon as you're ready. Oh, and here's some protection,” Orais tossed a blaster pistol to Jack.

“Thanks. But actually, I was wanting to go back to Earth. I haven't been there in a while. It'd be good for me, catch up with some friends and such. Take me there, if you will.”

“Don't worry. Our ship can take you to any planet in this galaxy or the next. But why Earth? If you remember correctly, they were the ones that sent you out here.”

“Yeah, I still remember that. But I don't care, it's my home planet and I'd like to go back.”

“Whatever you say. C'mon guys, let's go.” Orais turned around and headed for the broken blast door, his two henchmen followed, and so did Jack. Once on the ship, Orais plotted the coordinates for Earth. “You sure you want to go back?”

“Yeah, I'm one-hundred percent sure I want to go back. So, are we going or what?”

Orais steered the ship away from the prison transport and flew away. After a good distance was between the two ships, he sent it into hyper-space. Jack watched the stars fly by, many long, continuous white streaks. Jack sat down in the co-pilots seat and continued watching space go by.

Earth, there I'm sure it has to be very different than the day I left, he thought. It had been at least five years since Jack had left Earth. He left because of the warrant they had on him, only he didn't know it included all of the Milky Way. He'd been picked up on Mars, three years afterwards. Since then, he'd been traveling from prison to prison.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/acinonyx_jubatus/
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm

Yes! No one likes it! Oh well, here's more...

Chapter Two

I bolted out of the store, carrying my goods. Without looking back, I ran down the street. The store owner yelled at me but I paid him no heed. I laughed to myself, knowing that I'd got free. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I ran head-long into someone, knocking me down to the ground. The store owner ran up and stuck me on the head.

“Dude! That freakin' hurt! Why'd you do that?”

“'Cause you stole from my store. Legally, I could've killed you, be happy I didn't. Now go away. Shoo!”

I got up and started running again, glad he didn't call the cops on me. And it didn't help that he treated me like a dog. 'Shoo!' he said. What the hell! Man, it's people like that that really pisses me off. Oh well, I managed to survive the encounter. Let's see, I looked at my watch, it's seven thirty. Time to go home.

A loud crash made me look up. A space cruiser flew by, the bottom hitting a couple steeples. Rubble fell from the sky and dropped all around me. Huh, looks like someone doesn't know how to fly. Pity, I guess anyone can get their pilots license these days. Look at me, 'these day,' like I'm some old hag, complaining about anything and everything.

When I got home, my mom yelled at me for attempting to steal. I blocked her out and went upstairs into my room. I shut and locked the door, turned on my stereo, and started reading a book. The typical hero story: Something tragic happens to guy, guy falls in love, love gets taken away, guy goes after love, and in the end, he wins his love's heart and they live happily ever after. God I hated crap like that.

“Zaq! Dinner time!” Man, the stupid story was just getting good. I threw the book down, turned the stereo off, and ran into the kitchen.

“Eh, ma! What's to eat?”

“Well, we're having meatloaf and potatoes.”

“Mmm, potatoes. Is dad gonna be home tonight?” I walked in the kitchen, the food was already on the plates, but there was one plate was missing. “I'll take that as a no. Do you know when he's getting back?”

Her eyes started tearing up; I looked down at the food. Dad hadn't been home for a while now. It's just me and mom living here. She doesn't think he'll ever return but I do. He's never been gone for a long time. Even during the war he was gone for only three months. Now it's been five years, and there's been no word of him.

I stabbed my fork into the meatloaf and pulled a piece off. The food tasted different from last time we had it, but it was still good. Dad always ate him meatloaf with ketchup, which mom thought was disgusting, I thought it was funny.

We ate in silence. I couldn't think of anything that would break the ice, so I kept my mouth shut. Mom was barely eating anything, I knew she was thinking of dad. She got like this when she did. Never really doing anything, getting really depressed. This time, I was mad at myself for bringing up the subject.

---

The ship landed on Earth around eight. Jack thought it took a little too long to get there. The ride was bumpy, especially near the end. Though Orais said it was turbulence, Jack didn't believe him. Jack stepped off the ship and into a scene from a horror movie. The skies were a dark, dark blue; no stars or moon. All that he could see was the outline of buildings.

Creepy, he thought. “So Orais, what do I owe you?”

“Nothing. For a friend, the ride is free. Enjoy your stay.” Orais turned around and boarded the ship. Jack watched as it lifted from the ground and flew through the sky, blending in. He swiveled around and walked out of the bay.

The streets were empty, save for a few bums. Neon lights went on and off. The buzzing of incests could be heard all around, and there was a putrid smell in the air. He was right, Earth had changed in five years. When he left, the wars were over, the ozone had been fixed, and poverty ended. Now, it looked as though a twister had come threw. There were hints of a restoration project going on, but there wasn't anyone working now.

He walked down the street, looking at each building. He thought that is was weird that no cars past by, or any other vehicle for that matter. It seemed as the future had ended up like the past.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:15 pm

A little refrence: You'll notice a name change in the story, don't worry, I went back and changed it in the first parts.
Oh, and thanks again for all the wonderful comments.

Chapter Three

Jack wandered along the empty streets. All the stores were closed, most with wood boards along the windows, glass cracked and broken. He watched the buildings, wondering what had happened and if this was the only town it had happened to. Dust flew up as he took each step.

A violent green sign flashed on. Vacancy, it said; a hotel. Jack walked towards the hotel, needing a place to rest for the night. He stepped over the threshold and someone came to meet him.

“Hello, and welcome to The Hotel Tcefrep. How may I assist you?” She said, a fake smile plastered on her face.

“Uh yeah, I need a room for tonight. Can you get me one?”

“Sure can. Will you be paying now or in the morning?”

“Morning.” He followed the woman down one of the halls and into the last room. The usher unlocked and opened the door to a little stingy room. The walls looked like vomit and it smelled of urine. Taking a deep breath, Jack stepped in.

---

I awoke with a headache. Apparently, yesterday's activities took a toll on my body, especially the blow to the head. I reached up and ran my hand through the excessively long hair. While jumping out of bed, literally, I stripped off my pajamas and ran to the dresser. I pulled out whatever was on top; a mucus green tee and faded blue shorts. I quickly donned the ensemble and flew down the stairs.

“Zaq, where are you going in such a rush?” Mom, always had to find out where I was going. Very overbearing, don't you think? I mean, I've only gotten in trouble, what, seven times. That's less than most criminals. Once they get caught, they go to jail, or get killed.

“I'm going to the pool,” I lied. I was actually going to the pier, but if she knew that, I wouldn't be allowed out of the house. “I'll be back about five. See 'ya!” The front door was practically knocked off it's hinges when I shoved it open. Crappy door, I'd already broken before and didn't want to again.

The whole house was a piece of crap. The doors, most by me, were broken in some way. And the windows, not me, had cracks and other stuff in them. Most of the appliances didn't work right. But out of the people we lived around, we were like Bill Gates, which had it's ups and downs, more downs than ups.

Off to the pier, I ran. Ah, the pier, good times, good times. There was the first time I tasted blood. And since then, I liked it. I got into a fight and got a couple teeth knocked out. No worries though, they were molars. And it was also the first time I found out the difference between guys and gals. I'm not telling how, but it's not what you're thinking. And those are just a few reasons why mom didn't want me going there.

But I always did. I didn't usually get in trouble, usually. If there was someone there who ticked me off, then there'd be trouble, and it all be my fault, or so everyone there said. But I always came back for more.

Today was like any other day. I was first one there, and liked it. I'm a very private person, not liking much human, or other species, contact. Nonetheless today, I wanted some attention. Which is why I didn't move when this chick came and sat down next to me. She was pretty cute; her long hair flowing in the wind, big green (yes green) eyes staring at me. Eventually, I got tried of her staring at me.

“What do you want?” Pretty harsh, I know.

“What are you doing down here, all by yourself? You should be at the pool. Everyone's there.”

“Yeah, I know. I just wanted some tranquility. Plus, I like watching the waves. At dusk, their really beautiful. You should see it sometime.” Wow, I got soft fast. How'd she do it?

“You think so? Maybe I will. Hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna sit here with you. By the way, my name's Tiffani.”

“Whatever flies your plane.” 'Flies your plane?' That's the best I could come up with? Man am I stupid.

So we sat there, watching the waves crash and than recede back into the ocean. Every now and then I'd look over at her, just to see what she was looking at. Most of the time, she was watching the clouds, sometimes she was looking at me.

We sat there until dusk, waiting for the sun to go down. When it did, it brought with it the beautiful sight. The sky turned a pink color, the waves reflecting the sun and sky. It was like watching an Aurora. Tiffani watched, mesmerized. Apparently, it was the most wonderful thin she'd ever seen. And I must admit, it was a spectacular sight.

“WOW! That was amazing! I can't wait to see it tomorrow! Wait, you'll let me come here with you tomorrow, won't you?”

“Sure, I'd love the company. It does get a little lonely being here alone. Well, it's about time I made for home. I guess I'll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, tomorrow. Good-bye” I started walking home. I turned around and waved to her. From where I was, it seemed like she was sad, but I could be wrong. It could've been joy, or some other emotion, who knows. She returned my wave.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:24 pm

All right. Will someone please tell me what they think of this crap?

Chapter Four

The sun went down quickly. When I made it home, it was already dark. I found myself thinking about Tiffani. Did she make it home all right? I hope she did, I wanted nothing to happen to her. For some reason, she seemed special to me. Why? Whats is it about her that makes me think about her? Where does she live? I don't think I've ever seen her around here, maybe she lived on the outskirts of town.

Okay, I have to stop thinking about her. Let's see, what else can I think about? I sat down on the porch steps, crossed my arms on my knees, and laid my head on them. I tried thinking of anything other that her. Even a couple songs popped in, one was my own creation:

Satan's hand rose from the ground
And I knew that life was over
His armies from Hell
Destroyed our world

I loved songs like that, dooming our existence. It was a wonderful about Judgment Day. I was soon interrupted from my thoughts by a hand being place on my shoulder. I looked up into Tiffani's face. She didn't look harmed; actually, she looked amused.

“You know, I never found out what your name is. Are you gonna tell me?”

“Uh sure. My name's Zaq, not like you know though, it's spelled Z-A-Q.”

“Ohhh, what an interesting name. What are you doing out here?”

She seemed so intrigued by me, and I didn't understand why. “I'm thinking.”

“Why outside? Wouldn't it be easier to think inside? I think it would.”

“It's too loud inside. I wanted some peace. Besides, shouldn't you be getting home? It's like nine now.”

“It is? Well then I guess I should get home. I'll see you tomorrow. 'Bye!”

“'Night.” I watched her go. She happily skipped to her house. Man, how could anyone be so happy all the time? I'm sure glad I'm not. I'd probably kill myself if I acted like that all the time.

---

Morning light shone through the semi-translucent curtains. Jack sat up and stretched, cracking his back and neck in the process. He got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. He had thing that needed to be done today. Most of those things he could wait and do tomorrow, but he wanted to do as many of them as he could today.

Clean and refreshed, he came out of the bathroom. He walked to the front office to pay his bill.

“How much do I owe you?”

“It is twenty-five fifty-two. You can get a discount if you join our Frequent Sleepers Club. With it you can sleep at any of our fine hotels for a fraction of the original cost.”

“Thanks but no thanks. I don't go to hotels that often.” Jack handed the woman the money and proceeded to leave the little hotel.

The bright morning sun almost blinded him as he stepped out. His hand did very little to block the sun. It seemed to reflect off the street and buildings, bathing everything in super illumination. He pulled out a list of things he needed to do.

“Let's see, first I have to find Tiffani. I have good news to tell her. Where could she be?”

---

Noon, the hottest time of the day. And everyone else would be at the pool, which is one reason I wasn't. The other, well you can figure it out. I met with Tiffani on the pier, like I said I would. Today she was wearing a bathing suit, I think they call it a bikini, something like that. I wasn't expecting to go in the water, so I wasn't wearing one, I don't even think I own a bathing suit.

While she went running around in the water, I stayed sitting on the pier. It looked like she was having lots of fun, don't know how. It was just water. It didn't seem like playing with water could be that much fun. But it did look like fun.

“Hey Zaq! Why don't you come in? The water feels Great!”

“No, I think I'd rather not. Besides, I don't have a bathing suit on.”

“So? You can come in with your clothes on, I don't care! Just get over here!” I did as she told me to. I jumped off the pier and hit the sand with a thud, and ran into the water. Like she had said, the water felt good, it wasn't too cold or too hot, right in between.

We played around for hours. She would splash me, than I'd splash back. She tried to kick water at me but fell down, laughing. I walked over to help her up, but didn't. Instead, when she took my hand, she pulled do hard that I fell down. Now completely drenched, I started laughing.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Hoping you all like this as much as I do. Man, I wish you could see it like I do. That would be so freakin' awesome!

Chapter Five

Jack went around the town, asking everyone he saw about Tiffani. He learned the she was now fifteen, had light green eyes, and long blond hair; which wasn't how he remembered her. But that was five years ago. And by the looks of the town, everything had changed. He had also found out that she had recently been hanging out with some boy, who's name, no one seemed to know. But Jack didn't care what the boy's name was. He only cared about finding Tiffani. She was the only family that he knew about on Earth.

Actually, she was the only family he knew of period. In his five year absence, his biological parents died, and he was the only child they had. But before he got jailed, he and his now ex-wife had a child, Tiffani. And now he wanted to find her to tell her that he's home, for good.

“Hey you! I heard you was looking for some info.” Jack wheeled around. There was an older man staring him down. “I's got some info that yous looking for. But it'll cost 'ya.”

“What kind of info and how much?”

“Stuffs about that Tiffani girl, the boy she's been hanging around with, and where they both live. And I wants five thousand in return.”

“Five, all right. Let's go somewhere more private. Like that café over there.” Jack pointed to a little building to his left. “We'll talk in there.” He strolled over to the café, with the man on his heels. They sat down in a little booth in the corner.

“So, what do you know,” Jack asked.

“Well first, the money. Give me the five first, then we'll talk.” Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out a checkbook, and filled one out for five thousand, than he handed it to the man. “Thank you. Now, your info. The boy she's hanging out with, his name is Zaq. He is older then Tiffani by one and three quarter year. He lives with his mom, has long brown hair, and is partly anti-social. Tiffani lives four blocks away from here, in a little cottage like house. And Zaq lives right around the corner from us. Is that all you needed to know?”

“Yeah, pretty much. Thank you for your time.”

“Pleasure's all mine.” The man got up and left the café. Jack stayed seated, still absorbing all the information he just learned.

---

We laid out in the sunshine, drying off. We had a lot of fun playing around in the water. More fun than I thought was even possible. The sun two o'clock sun was quickly drying us, nut we kept laying there. We talked about anything and everything that we could think of. Tiffani was a pretty interesting girl.

Her father left her and her mom five years ago, like mine did. But hers left for different reason then mine, I think. It seemed he had something criminal, and not wanting to get caught, he hitched a ride to Mars. Where he was captured two years later. She had sent him letters and pictures and stuff, but never got any response back.

In fact, it looked to me like we were made for each other. We both had many interests alike. And we both enjoyed spending time together, to name a couple. Unfortunately, we had many conflicting views too. She thought that our town was nice and beautiful, where I thought it was disgusting. So we had argued about that for a while, until I gave up and let her win. Upon victory, she got up and ran around in the water, splashing me.

Now we laid in silence, watching the clouds roll by. Or it had been silence. “Hey, Tiffani. Why don't come with me to the pool? You shouldn't be hanging with this loser.” Oh, a 'loser' was I? That little S-O-B was gonna get it. I stood up, fists clenched, staring down my nemesis.

“Zaq, please don't. He's not worth it,” She was on her feet now, watching me. “Leave us alone, Chad. We don't want to be bothered by you. Go away.” Nice touch, always get a woman to help in your battles.

“Why should I leave you alone? I have the same right to be here as you do.” Chad, the little hole, said.

“Really? Well why don't you tell that to my fists? Or do you remember the last person that messed with me?” Chad's eyes grew wide, a clear sign that he did remember. “Yeah, you know: When I was done with him he had to get a good amount of stitches, and I broke his nose. Now you don't want that to happen, do you?” I watched Chad for any expressions. But I couldn't see any. All I could see was his back as he walked away.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:03 pm

Chapter Six

“Woah, I didn't expect that from you. Where'd you learn to do that?” What did she mean by that? I'd always been able to scare people by threatening them.

“It's just something I picked up. That's how I manage not to hurt people. Except for that one time that the guy wouldn't shut up, but I made an example out of him. So, now what do you want to do?”

“Well, I was thinking we could go to a movie or something.”

Ah, movies. The way we get influenced to do retarded things. I haven't been to one of them in a while. “Sure. Let's go see a movie. What kind is your favorite?”

“I like watching the action and romance ones, but I know you wouldn't want to sit through any romantic movies. So let's go see that new action one. Sound good?”

“Sure does. Let's get going. Wait, shouldn't you get changed first? I heard it can get cold int the theaters.”

“Oh yeah, you're right. Well, on the way to the movies, we'll stop off by my house, okay.” She put her arm around mine and we started walking towards her house. I was surprised to find out that she lived pretty close to where I did, like four or five blocks. Weird, isn't it? Well, I thought it was. And we passed this little café that I sometimes went into. They had some good coffee in there, like I needed it.

At Tiffani's house, she went inside to get changed while I sat on the steps. Women sure took a long time to get changed. It seemed like I was sitting there for about an hour, but that was probably me. As I watched the people go by, this foreigner stopped in front of the house and stared at it. He seemed very intrigued by it, but when he noticed he, he left. The front door opened and I swung around. Tiffani was standing in the doorway, wearing a shirt that showed off her abdomen and some tight blue jeans.

“Wow, you look...” I couldn't think of anything to say. She just looked so... Incredible!

Her cheeks got a deep red. “Why thank you. So, shall we go now?” She walked down the steps, and I followed.

The theater was ten blocks away from my house, so it would take us a while to get there. On the way, we continued the discussion that we started at the pier. It was intriguing hearing everything she had to say on certain subjects. The theater slowly made it's way onto the horizon and then directly in front of us. I went ahead of Tiffani and held the door open for her. She thanked me and went inside.

After the movie, we left the theater. It was a good movie, but not one of those instant classics. Nevertheless, Tiffani had a lot to say about it. Which I found only slightly annoying. It just that she wouldn't stop talking. But I stopped caring, her voice hypnotized me. I soon found myself talking about the movie with her. And I didn't want to stop.

“So, where are we going now?” She asked.

“I don't know. Want to go for a stroll in the park? It's a nice night, so we can watch the sunset again.” Tiffani loved sunsets, as I found out the other day. And the park was the nicest place in the whole town.

“Okay, let's go to the park." She took my hand and I led here to the park.

---

Jack did as the man told him. He left the café and headed to Tiffani's house. Like he had said, it was precisely four blocks away. Strange that he'd know such things. The walk wasn't short but it wasn't too long either. And there weren't many people on the sidewalks that day. When he got to the house, he didn't walk right up to it. Again, like the man said, it looked like a cottage. When he surveyed it, he noticed a kid sitting on the steps, and he matched Zaq's description. When Zaq noticed him, Jack walked away.

“Man, why is that kid there? Tiffani is supposed to be alone, or with her mother. Instead, she was still hanging out with this Zaq kid.” Not knowing where he was going, Jack trudged along. Somehow he'd have to get to Tiffani and also convince her that she needed to come with him to Las Angles. He had to have her with him on Mars. And Las Angles was the only place that had public transporters.

Later in the day, he stopped by the house again. This time, he went up and knocked on the door. No one came, so he tried again, hitting it harder. Still no response. He gave up in this pursuit, for now, and went back to that hotel he'd stayed at earlier.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:54 pm

Chapter Seven

It was nearly time for the sun to go down. We sat down on one of the wooden benches and enjoyed the hot dogs I bought. Tiffani was eating hers plain, disgusting, and I had every topping available. And it was delicious! I had to eat very carefully, not trying to spill any condiments on myself, which was a hard feat. Unfortunately, I only had enough money to get the hot dogs, so we had no drinks. And that sucked.

The sun slowly fell unto the horizon, and we sat watching it. Once again, it was beautiful. The sky turned a pinkish-orange color, and the sun itself was a nice burnt gold. Tiffani gasped beside me. I looked over to her and her mouth was agape. This must be the second prettiest thing she'd ever seen, counting the other sunset we sat through.

“I think it's about time for you to go home.” I pulled Tiffani off the bench and took her hand. Since the park was in the middle of the town, it didn't take us long to get to her house. I went up the steps before her and held the door open.

“See you tomorrow,” She said, walking inside the house. I shut the door behind her and walked down the stairs. Huh, tomorrow. That day was closer then it would seem. Well, technically, tomorrow will never come, because come tomorrow the next day will be tomorrow. And that day is, um, Sunday, I think, which would make today Saturday.

I began walking home, all the time engorged in my own thoughts. I had walked this way so many time that I could do it with my eyes closed. First you cross four roads, take a right at the café, and then keep going for about a hundred feet; which I did. Then turn right again and you'll end up with your face in my front door; which I also did.

Stepping back, I grabbed the door handle and swung the door open. The smell of pizza rushed out, making me hungry again. But it was too late for dinner. So, against what my stomach said, I went up into my room and jumped in bed. Without even changing, I quickly fell asleep. Today had been rough compared to what I usually do. I dreamt that Tiffani and I were together again, on what appeared a beach. We were holding hands and kicking the waves. Then she leaned in for a kiss and...

--

In the morning, Jack continued his pursuit. He left the hotel, paying his twenty-some dollar, and went to Tiffani's house. Though he thought no one would answer because of the time, too early. But he didn't care, he needed to find her, and he'd do anything he's have to. At the house, he went up the stairs and knocked on the door. As he expected, no one answered; so he tried again. This time, the door opened, and Tiffani was standing in the doorway.

“Hello?”

“Tiffani? I've been searching for you.”

“And you are...”

“You don't recognize me? It's dad! I missed you so much.”

“No, you can't be my dad. He's in jail, and he's never coming out. They said so. There's no way you can be my dad.”

“Why don't you believe me? Here, go get your mother, she'll know who I am.” Tiffani ran inside, closing the door behind her. Jack sighed and sat down on the steps, as he saw Zaq doing yesterday. The door didn't open back up for what seemed like ten minutes. But when it did, it wasn't Tiffani, but her mother, Stacy.

“You!?! What the hell are you doing here? I don't want you around my daughter. Leave now!”

“Wait! Let me explain myself. I'm not here to hurt anyone. I just want to talk to you and Tiffani. I want you to do something for me. Would you at least hear me out?”

“Fine, but after that, you have to leave, and promise never to come back, You got that?” She went back inside the house and Jack followed. The inside seemed much bigger than it looked, and it was decorated beautifully. There were paintings all over the walls, and the furniture looked to be from the twenty-first century. She led Jack into the living room and sat down in one of the recliners. Tiffani was laying on the floor, painting something. “Sit. Now, why do you need to talk to us?”

“Well, I was hoping that I could take you two to my house on Mars. And that we could live like a family again. What do you say?”

“What, you want us to leave everything we have here, and move to some experimental environment? No way. We will never move to that god-forsaken place. And you want us to live like a family again? Can you handle it? If you remember, you were the reason we split up.”

“Yes, I remember that. But I've changed. I can be a better husband and father now. Please, just give me a chance Stacy.”
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:54 pm

Chapter Eight

Crap, crap, crap! That dream I had, it was awesome! But I can't remember any of it, or not past that one part. That sucks so much. Apparently, I'm not supposed to remember it, but I want to. I need to know how it ended, did we kiss or not? What happened?

I climbed out of bed, depressed, and walked downstairs. Halfway down, the smell of pancakes came to me, making me hungry. Sweet, pancakes. Mom made the best pancakes ever. They were just the right fluffiness, and when you put syrup on them, they never got soggy. They were the best pancakes in the world, and I'll put money on that.

“Mom! You made your pancakes again! Did you make any eggs with them?” I ran into the kitchen. The plates were already on the table, with eggs.

“Yes, I made some eggs. And if you want, I also made some bacon. Here's your juice.” She handed me a tall glass, filled to the brim with apple juice. I took it and guzzled half of it down, then set it on the table.

“Why don't you sit down mom? We'll have breakfast together?” She sat in the seat across from me, and started eating. She was enjoying the food almost as much as I was.

Pancakes were a big deal for me. We rarely ever had them. And the ingredients were hard to come by, but she always managed to find them. How, I didn't care, just as long as we had some ever now and then. And as I've previously stated, mom made the best pancakes. And I never got to see how she made them, or if she put some special ingredient in them, like cinnamon or something. Oh well, I'll probably never find out.

After breakfast was over, I helped mom clean off the dishes and clean up the mess she'd made. Which didn't take long because she didn't make many messes. Then I went upstairs and changed. Today, I decided that I wasn't going to go to the pier, as I had done for the last two days. Instead, I was going to go to the pool, hopefully with Tiffani.

When I left the house, I started towards Tiffani's house. And I was still thinking about the dream I had last night. I tried pushing that to the back of my mind, but couldn't. Every time I watched it, went right up to where she went for the kiss, and then I blanked. While thinking about it, I made it to her house in no time. I went up the stairs and knocked on the door. This was the first time I'd ever done that.

The door opened slowly. Unfortunately, Tiffani didn't open the door; her mom did. She looked me up and down before speaking. “What do you want?” Wow, a little harsh.

“Uh, is Tiffani home?” I hated talking to peoples parents, they always found something wrong with me.

“Yes she is.”

Short and sweet. “Can she come to the pool with me?” This is harder than you think.

“If she wants to. I'll go ask.” She left the doorway. When she came back, Tiffani was with her, wearing her bikini. “She wants to go. But, she has to be home by six. I don't want her out all night like you've been doing.” Tiffani maneuvered herself around her mother and joined me outside.

“Okay, I'll make sure she's home by six.” Tiffani told her mom bye and we walked down to the pool. This was the first time I'd ever been there so she showed me how to get there. And it was a good ways from her house, which made me wonder why she liked it so much.

At the pool, we found a couple seats to relax in. The pool itself looked big enough to fit everyone in this town comfortably. And the water was crystal; you could straight down to the bottom. And today, I managed to find one of my bathing suits, and it fit very well. Apparently mom had bought me a new one recently. The bikini Tiffani was wearing was different then the one I saw her in before.

I stood up and jumped into the pool. I thought the water would be cold, but it wasn't. In fact, it was warm. Tiffani took a less crazy way and walked into the pool. We swam around the pool together. She was a faster swimmer then, so she had to slow down a few times. We even raced a couple times. But it was no contest, she won every time. I had a lot of fun doing that.

When we got out of the pool, we laid down in the seats and soaked in the sun. We talked about nothing, like we did at the pier. There wasn't much to talk about since we already knew almost everything there was to know about each other. But, she did bring up something very interesting. She said that her father had shown up at her house. And that he wanted her and her mom to go with him to Mars. Of course, I thought this was an outrageous request for someone who hasn't been home in five years. But she said her mother wasn't going along with his plans. She was giving him a trial period to prove his loyalty.

“So, does that mean if he passes, you all are going to Mars?”

“Yeah, I guess so. I really don't want to leave. I mean, I've been having a lot of fun with you, and I don't want that to end.”

“I know. I don't want you to leave either. Maybe he'll fail her tests. Or maybe she won't want to leave.”

“Hopefully she won't. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.”
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Here you go peeps. The final part I've written so far. EnJoY!!

Chapter Nine

I walked with Tiffani back to her house. All the clocks we passed read quarter till five. So we would be a little early, but her mom also said by five. While walking, we discussed the tasks that her father had to do. Or the tasks we wanted him to do, which were extremely hard, for we both wanted him to fail. And it was that reason that I didn't understand. Why would I care if she left? It would be just another friend leaving to go to that sinkhole in space. No, the little voice was trying to say something. She's not just a friend, not anymore. She's special, she's the only person that actually gets you. And you can be yourself around her.

I stopped walking, I had to ask her something. “Tiffani. How do you feel about me?” It was out in the open now. I waited for her response, and judging by her eyes, she was giving this some serious thought. She opened her mouth, but closed it.

“I don't know. I mean, your my best friend. How am I supposed to feel?” Damn it, I didn't want her asking that.

“Well, it's just that... My minds telling me that we're more then friends. But I need to know how you feel.”

“Oh, alright,” I lost her, I shouldn't have said that. “I think that we're more then just friends too. It's like we have some kind of invisible bond. And I can't explain it. It's all very weird.” No, I didn't lose her.

“You too? I have that same feeling. Here, let's put this behind us. We can talk about it later.” She nodded and we continued the journey to her house. With her hand in mine, we walked. This connection we had must be important, or else we wouldn't be able to feel it. But what was it for?

At her house, I repeated the pattern I did yesterday, but she didn't go inside. Instead, she took my hand off the door and held it in hers. The door closed quietly behind her.

“Zaq, there's something I been wanting to do for a while now.” Wait, this was just like my dream, well, the dialog was the same. “It just, now I know that I can do it.” Woah, that was new.

“What is it Tiffani?”

“I don't know how to say this. So I'll just show you...” She slowly closed her eyes and started leaning forward. I did the same, but kept my eyes open. Just as our lips were about to meet, the door burst open. I jumped back and almost fell down the stairs. Tiffani's mom, and apparently he was her dad, were standing in the doorway.

“Wait, I saw you out here yesterday. Your that guy who was watching the house!”

--

Jack stayed in his seat, listening to everything that Stacy was talking about. He was trying to pay the utmost attention to this conversation. She was talking about things that he would need to do to redeem himself. Lucky for him, she didn't know he'd broken out of jail, and hopefully never will. She went on and on about the thing, pausing only to breath.

“Did you get all of that?”

“Huh, what? Oh, yeah. I got most of it. Now, do you want me to stay here for now or what?”

“Yes, you can stay here. We have an extra room upstairs. You'll have to get it made up later. That good for you?”

“Anythings good for me as long as I don't have to go to that hotel again. But I must say, it's good to be home again.” He looked at his ex and smiled; she didn't return it.

“Wait, do you hear something?” She got up and ran to the front door. Jack quickly followed. Stacy swung the door open and standing on the porch were Tiffani and Zaq, about to kiss. Zaq stumbled back.

“Wait, I saw you out here yesterday. Your that guy who was watching the house!” He sputtered.

“You! Your coming in right now,” Stacy grabbed Tiffani's arm and dragged her inside. “And for you, you better get to running if you know what's good for you.” Jack watched as Zaq turned around and bolted down the street towards his house. He closed the door and walked back into the living room, where Tiffani was being lectured.

“What the hell do you think you were doing?!? You aren't supposed to do that! Think of what would happen! Kissing would lead to sex, and then you could get pregnant.! What were you thinking?!?”

“Stacy, Stacy. Don't you think your being a little hard on her. I mean, she's at that age where her hormones are kicking in. Why don't you just...”

“Stay out of this Jack. This is between me and Tiffani!” Jack was taken aback. He settled into an armchair and waited for her lecture end. Like before, she started rambling on, talking about what would happen if she had one little kiss. It was a load of crap, Jack thought. One kiss wouldn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:27 pm

Chapter Ten

Lightning cracked across the sky, waking Jack from his slumber. He didn't get up; he laid in there, with his eyes open, staring at the ceiling. Or what he thought was the ceiling. Darkness surrounded him, making everything invisible. The rain kept battering the roof, and unfortunately for Jack, he was in the attic room.

In the room below him, Tiffani slept through the storm. Nothing seemed to bother her when she was asleep. She was having, as she would describe, the best dream ever. In it, it was her and Zaq, all alone on a long stretch of a beach. She had on a little cloth skirt and mini-top, while he was only wearing shorts. They were holding hands and talking. What about, she didn't care. They eventually settled and sat down. He longing looked into her eyes, and she looked back. Just like before, she leaned in for a kiss, and he did too. And this time, their kiss connected.

A slight knock went through her door. Of course she didn't hear it, so the door was rapped upon again. When Tiffani didn't answer, they came bursting through the door. This, woke her up. She bolted straight up in her bed and stared at the intruder: her mother.

“Honey, get up and get your things packed.” Stacy looked like she had just gotten up; no make-up on, wearing a shirt that was way too big for her, and some torn up jeans.

“Why? What's going on?” Tiffani stepped off her bed and walked over to her mother, who was busy throwing Tiffani's things into a suitcase.

“Don't worry about it,” she said, “I just need your help right now. I need you to pack up some of your things and when you're done, go into the living room. Alright?”

“Okay, whatever.” She did as her mom asked. Everything she thought she needed went into the suitcase. When she was finished, Tiffani slowly approached the living room. Inside, Jack and her mom were talking about something. Not wanting to eavesdrop, she went right in. Upon her entry, the two stopped talking.

“You have everything? Yes, good. We need to leave now. Come...” Stacy grabbed Tiffani's hand and led her outside and into an awaiting taxi. Where ever they were going, they weren't coming back. Stacy pushed her way into the back seat and Jack settled into the passenger. He told the cabbie something and he drove the car away from the house. The only thing Tiffani could think of was not telling Zaq goodbye.

----

Apparently, there was a storm last night, though I had no recollection of it. Like mom always said, I could sleep through a tornado. Um, what is today? Oh, crap. It's Monday. And to make it worse, I have school, which is starting today. I so loathed school. All those old teachers trying to teach us stuff, and they don't even talk like their teachings. God, I couldn't wait.

I jumped, again literally, out of bed and changed into my first-day-of-school clothes. No, not a nice button down shirt and pressed jeans. I'd never wear that. My outfit was designed to freak people out; a black three-quarters sleeved shirt, black jeans, and black polish on my nails. Like I've said before: Anti-social.

As I reached the front door, I noticed my mom was watching me. I looked over at her and she smiled. Uh-oh. It was one of those 'I'm up to something' smiles. Which could only mean one thing...

“Oh, Zaq! Come here a minute. I need to talk to you about something.” Oh, right. She said talk, but she meant something completely different. Even though I knew her intentions, I still walked up to her. “That's it. To the left a little. Good.” In one fluid motion, and before I had time to shield my face, she pulled out her camera and snapped a picture. “Ha-ha! I got you! I was faster this year.”

“Oh, one year. Don't get overzealous. It won't happen...” Flash. Again? Man was I getting slow. I looked at her, and through the little white things, she was laughing. Sighing, I left the house and began my trek to the school.

The school wasn't far, I just took a long time to get there. And Tiffani was the only friend I had, but I doubt she'll be in any of my classes. She was, what, a sophomore now? And I was in my senior year. So, probably no classes together. But hopefully I could meet some people who'd like to talk to me. Wait, what am I saying? Pigs have a better chance of flying. But you always find that rarity, like Tiffani, who actually enjoys my company.

I walked inside the school and felt many eyes upon me. That's how it always was. From the first to the last day. Whenever I stepped inside the building, the gossiping started. Of course, all of them were false. There wasn't any way that they could be true, no one here knew me.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:49 pm

Chapter Eleven

Throughout the day, I was ignored by the other students, received way too much attention from the teachers, and I never saw Tiffani. And all that happened within half of the school. Now, lunch was beginning. Or at least my lunch was beginning. I walked out of the classroom and followed the stampede of students into the cafeteria. I was the last one to enter, last one to sit down, and when the bell rang, last one to leave. As with my past years, no one 'braved' sitting with me. It's not like I bite, hard.

In my final class, the teacher, Ms. Gold, was drawling on about some mess that happened in the past. World War Three, I think it was. She was going on about why the historian thought it started, the outcome of it, who was in it, and all that other stuff I could care less about. Until she asked me a question.

“Zaq. Where was the third A-Bomb dropped?” I quickly snapped out of my day dream. Every student was watching me, weird. But as soon as I'd look at one of them, they'd turn around.

“Um, I believe it was right here in our own backyard. Uh, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.”

“Correct. Now if you don't mind, I'd like you to pay more attention to my class then to your little fantasies.” She turned around and started writing on the chalkboard. And then began rambling on again.

Finally, at three, the bell ending school went off. This time, I didn't lag behind. I wanted to get out of the hell-hole as much as everyone else did. After school, I had always gone down to the pier, but since I had Tiffani, I decided to go to her house. And then maybe we would do something together, hopefully.

The streets were very crowded now. Between the people coming from school and the people who were always outside, there was barely any room to move. And I couldn't walk on the roads either. For once, there were cars on them. That's what happens to a town when school begins. And the noise was tremendous. From people talking to car horns going off, one could go deaf.

Happily, I exited the busy part of town and headed for Tiffani's house. The sidewalks were still a little wet from last night's storm, so every now and then I'd step in a puddle. Her house was farther from the school as I thought it was. Must be the way I'm going. Oh well, I'll eventually get there. And get there I did. I walked right up to the front door and gave it a good couple knocks. But no one answered, so I knocked again. When no one answered this time, I gave up and started for home.

For some reason, the front door was hanging open. I cautiously approached it, sensing that something had happened inside. Muddy footprints were scattered all over the carpet. And from the looks of them, two people had broken in the house. But why? We have nothing of any value. Or to other people they had no value. But why would someone want to steal dad's stuff?

“Oh no!” I suddenly realized that mom wasn't working today. I ran around the house as fast as I could, searching for her. After I'd checked all the downstairs rooms, I rushed upstairs to continue my search. And there she was, laying in the middle of dad's study, with a pool of her own blood surrounding her. I quickly knelt down beside her and checked for a pulse. There was one, but it was faint.

I rushed back downstairs and called an ambulance. Since we didn't live closer to the city, the ambulance would get here later. They told me not to touch her so I stayed by the phone, pacing. After what seemed forever, it was actually three to five minutes, the paramedics showed up. I pointed them to where she was and they went and put her up on the stretcher. When they walked by, I saw the look in her eyes, and they told me she wasn't going to make it. One of the men grabbed my arm and pulled me into the ambulance. I didn't want to, but they insisted that I sit in the back. Something about seeing mom like that, it hurt me in so many ways.

When we got to the hospital, the back doors flew open and the doctors pulled the gurney out. The same paramedic that brought me in the ambulance pulled me out. After telling me to follow the doctors, he closed the ambulance doors and went up front. The doctors with mom were busily talking about her, while rushing to the emergency room. I tried to keep up, but constantly fell behind, not because I couldn't run, but because I had started crying. One of the nurses came up to me and tried to calm me down.

“It's alright hon. Don't worry. Come with me, I know where you can sit.” She put an arm across my shoulder and led me into the waiting room. There, she told me to sit down, which I did, and then she sat down next to me. Her efforts to soothe me were in vain. Anything she only made me angrier or sadder. She eventually gave up her plight and returned to whatever work she had been doing. I stayed seated, and tried to stop crying.

I sat in the waiting room for hours before one of the doctors came out to talk to me, which I took as good news. He walked right in front of me, and I looked into his face as he talked.

“Son, I have some bad news. We tried the best that we could, but her wounds were too serious. Your mom didn't make it. I'm sorry.”
Back to top Go down
AngelWithTheScabbedWings
Mod in top hat
Mod in top hat

Female Number of posts : 218
Writing forte/s : Horror and Poems

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Shocked you don't know how long that ook to read!!!! But I did it. I love it. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.love-the-way-you-love.piczo.com
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:49 pm

And I love that you love it! Yeah! Fans!!!

Chapter Twelve

Having no where else to go, I stayed the night in the hospital. The doctors were able to set it up so I could sleep in one of the vacant rooms. And that was nice of them. So I rested up in the hospital, trying not to think about my future. Now that mom was gone, I had nothing to support myself with. No, there was one thing. But they'd never let some teen in. But I'd always been a good pilot, so just maybe... I soon fell asleep, it was a deep, dreamless sleep.

I woke up when a nurse came in my room. She pulled the curtains open, shedding light on everything, including my eyes. I quickly closed them, letting my pupils adjust.

“Good morning son. How was your night?” She seemed so peepy at eight in the morning. And it annoyed me.

“Uh, it was fine.” How do you think the night after my mom died was? So ignorant.

“Well good for you! So, what are you going to be doing today?” Now that was a good question. I had no idea, well I had one.

“I was thinking of trying to join the Star Fighter Corp. But I don't know if they'd let me. What do you think?”

“Well, you're seventeen now, right? The legal age is eighteen, but I'm sure they can make an exception in your case.”

“Yeah, I hope so. I need to get my life started now.”

“No, you need to stay in school. Now it's very important that you get a good education. Please, don't drop out.”

“I'll think about it.” I wasn't going to. I'd already made my mind up. As soon as I get out of here, I'm heading down to the recruiting offices.

The nurse left the room, leaving me to my thoughts. Or she thought she did. I got out of bed and walked into the waiting room. My shoes quietly tapping against the hard linoleum. You'd think that a hospital would have soft floors, but no, they had to have hard floors. Without even a backwards glance, I walked right out of the hospital. And no one even tried to stop me from leaving. Once outside, I hung a right and went to the recruiting agency.

The agency was in the dead center of the town. So from the hospital, it took me five minutes to get there. On the way, I ran into some people from school, who actually said hi; I didn't. There weren't any other occurrences on the way. The sun was shining, no clouds present, and it smelled wonderful. Or for someone who liked the smell of wetness it did. It was the oddest day to come after someone's untimely death.

----

The car raced down the highway at full speed. The speed limit didn't matter on this road. It wasn't in any town or cities; just a long stretch of highway. Behind the wheel, Jack told the car where to go and how fast to go to get there. Stacy was sitting in the passenger seat, and Tiffani was laying down on the back seat, fast asleep.

This was all part of Jack's plan to get back together with his family. The first part had gone seamlessly. And now the second part was in motion. They were headed to the place with the only public transporters, Las Angles. The price would be high, but Jack wanted to leave at any costs. So they went on a two-day trip across the country. They had already made it halfway and were in no hurry to turn around.

Inside the car, it was silent. No one was talking, no music, silence. Which Jack was enjoying. It allowed him to concentrate on driving, and his desire to be back with his family. And it was those thought that kept him going. Despite how tired he was, he'd never stop, never even think about stopping. His dreams of the perfect life made him drive.

“Jack,” Stacy whispered, “Don't you think it's about time to take a break? We've been on the road for hours. Come on, pull into the next exit or something. We need to get out and stretch.”

“Yeah, I guess you're right.”

At the next turn-off, Jack took the car down it. He pulled it into one of the restaurants and turned it off. By this time, Tiffani was awake and sitting up. She looked out of the window and then at Stacy.

“Where are we mom?”

“I don't know. But we're going to get out and grab something to eat, okay?”

“Yeah, fine.”

The threesome climbed out of the car and headed into the restaurant. It was a fast-food joint. Small interior, tile flooring, and cheap wallpaper. But it was one of the only places within miles. When they received their food, they sat down into a bench and ate. Once again, no one spoke. The meal wasn't the best, but it would have to do for now, Jack thought, But we really need to get back on the road.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Chapter Thirteen

The men inside the recruiting agency were a little intimidating. I knew the couldn't do anything to me, but the looked mean in their uniforms. An they were all looking at me like I was crazy. And they had the right to. I was the only one in there that was under twenty-one, the usual age for recruiting. But I didn't care, nothing was going to stop me from joining, nothing.

“Young sir. What are you doing here?” Okay, maybe he will. I looked at the man who was speaking, or rather, looked up at the man. I mean, he was huge! Not six foot huge, but seven feet, extremely muscular, and he looked very pissed.

“Uh, I'm here to join the SFC.” Again, that look returned.

“You? Son, how old are you?”

“I'm seventeen, but I have...”

“I don't care what your reason being here is. The age is twenty-one, and that's final. Now you can take your leave. You can come back in four years. Good-bye.” I stared at him, even though that was the response I was expecting. But he didn't have to be so mean.

“No, I will not leave. Actually, I can't leave, I have no where else to go. So I want to take your freaking test before I leave. And I don't want any of those pro tests, I want the one that every recruit gets. Hello! Are you even listening to me?” The man had his back to me, and a telephone to his ear, an obvious sign he wasn't.

“Yes, I hear you.” He slammed the phone down and turned to look at me. “And my supervisor said to let you take the test. Though I don't believe it'll prove anything, you're going to take it. Follow me.” I nearly yelled at excitement. I could possibly be the youngest person to join the SFC. But since we were here, I held my tongue. The man started walking, quickly, and I tried to follow. He took me into a back room where a flight simulator was set up.

“There you go. Get inside and I will give you the instructions.” I hesitantly climbed into the machine. He promptly closed the door, knocking it against my shoulder. “Alright. I will give you the basics. See the joystick in front of you? Good, that is your primary steering device. If anything happens to that on, there is one to your right. Now, you'll see many buttons on the joystick. The one on top is for ejection. Hopefully you'll never have to use it. Under your index finger is your fire. Off to the side, your trigger. You will see one with a covering. You flip that up and push the button for your Proton Torpedoes. Got all that? Good. Now, on the panel in front you, there are some gauges. The one to your far left is the altimeter. But that won't do you much good once you go into space.

Now look at the two in the middle. The left is your radar. The background will stay black while your enemies will appear red. It doesn't show friends, so be careful. The right one is your remaining protons. You have only ten, so use them sparingly. The last gauge, on your far right, is the second most important one. It shows how much damage your craft has sustained. The shield will be a transparent blue, while your ship starts at blue. The closer to red it gets, the more damage. Now, when your ready, tell me and I'll have it started up. Oh, and your objective are to destroy all enemy crafts in the least amount of time. Ready?”

I ran all the information through my head a few times, making sure I had it all. “Okay, I'm ready.” I could feel my heart pounding, and it felt as though it would break through my chest. My hands were shaking and sweaty. This was the most important thing I'd done in my life. This one test would show me the way my life was going to go.

The screen turned a dark blue, then changed into a view of the horizon. On it appeared a countdown. Three... two... one... The screen turned into the view port of a star-craft. It was currently on a planet, but space wasn't far beyond. I took the craft into a barrel roll, watching the radar for enemy ships. There, above and north-west. The craft flew around, facing the enemy. He was headed straight for me, and I for him. As I squeezed th trigger, green laser beam flew out from beyond my ship. The first few barely missed him, so I adjusted and fired again. The ship exploded as the shot struck it's fuel line.

I couldn't marvel long at the explosion, there were still enemies out there. I saw one out of the corner of my eye and pivoted to get a better look at it. This one was an enemy; I took the ship straight behind him, nearly running it to it's thrusters. Backing off, I pulled the trigger. Perfect hit, the shots flew into the ship, which exploded upon impact. My ship flew right through the debris, leaving a trail of smoke behind me.

Two down eight to go. I believe it's time to try one of those proton torpedoes. When I found my next victim, I lifted up the plastic protector, and locked unto him. Once in range, I pushed the proton trigger. A rocket came from beneath me. The tail was flaming blue, and it went for the target I picked out. It never lost sight, never went off course. It went straight to the enemy craft and propelled itself into it, causing the craft to explode. I quickly located the fourth one and took off after it.

This one was a little harder to hit. While the trigger was pressed, I flew after him. He kept maneuvering away from the blasts. Then a thought popped in my head. If I can't hit him now, maybe I can hit him before he gets there. To me, I said shoot in front of him, which I did. Before he realized what I was doing, he ran right into my fire. He abruptly burst into flames and disintegrated. Now there were six.

After destroying five more, I tired to find the last one. All the previous nine were within the atmosphere and the ground, but the instructor guy said something about space. And that was it! The last one was in space. I pulled the craft up and flew through the atmosphere. And there he was, gliding around in a high orbit. This last one was larger then the others, but just as stupid. I started to go straight towards him, and he flew towards me. I planned on killing him like I did the first one, but he had other plans. Lasers flew out from underneath his ship, aimed at me. I dodged most, while the rest were absorbed by the shields.

I repeated his attempts, flying over the cockpit and raining lasers at it. He miraculously dodged them. I still had seven protons left and decided to use some. I locked onto him and fired the first one. He quickly spun the ship around at fired at the torpedo, which exploded. Man, no one had done that yet. I fired a second one and received the same results. Then it hit me. Fire two and blast him at the same time. I did that and he dodged the torpedoes but couldn't dodge the lasers, which cut through the shields and then the ship. It exploded.

Right after the explosion, the screen turned black and the door opened. I stiffly stepped out, shaking. The instructor was standing before me, with a smile on his face. I took that as bad news; he didn't want me to succeed. But it was in fact good news.

“Congratulations kid. You are officially the youngest member of the SFC in history. Now it's time to go out and celebrate.”
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:32 pm

Chapter Fourteen

Back in the car, and on the highway, Stacy drove on. She thought it was time for Jack to take a break, so he was sitting in the passenger seat. Tiffani sat, once again, in the back seat. She was looking out the window, watching all the trees fly by. It was slightly nauseating, all the trees combined into one green smudge. The occasional farm would pop up, but they were few and far between.

The car was still filled with silence. No one wanted to say anything, or even turn the radio on. And then, Jack suddenly began talking.

“Alright! I can't take this silence anymore. Someone needs to say something. We've already been on this trip for one and a half days, and no one has spoken to each other. So I will. Tiffani. How are you doing?” He twisted around in his seat to get a better look at her.

Shocked at Jack's abrupt outburst, she stared at him. “Um, I'm fine, I guess.”

“Wonderful, just wonderful! Did you have fun with your friends?” Jack seemed very tense, like something was wearing him down.

“I didn't really have any friends.”

“What?!? How could you have no friends? What about that Zaq kid. He was your friend, wasn't he?”

At this, Tiffani's eyes teared. She quickly looked back out the window, trying to hide her face. Jack's question remained in the air, never answered. He shifted back into his original position, facing the front window. Through the side-view mirror, he could see Tiffani crying. She must've really liked that kid, he thought. But he turned his attention to Stacy, who looked as though she hadn't heard anything.

“How 'ya doing Stacy? Need a break?”

“No Jack, I'm doing just fine. Oh, and a question: Why are we going to Mars? Isn't there somewhere a little closer?”

“There is, but on Mars, we can live together, and without all the annoyances of city life. It'll be peaceful on Mars. Isn't that what you always wanted?”

“Yeah, I guess it is. But I still don't see why we had to drive there and couldn't take a plane.”

Jack decided not to respond and kept his mouth shut. This was a discussion that Stacy had won. He sat there, watching the scenery go by. Again, the car was in silence, save the occasional sniffle form Tiffani. Tiffani was still crying, and still trying to hide it from everybody. As she stared out the window, she was trying to block out all the memories of Zaq that she had; she thought that she won't ever see him again.

--

On the way to the restaurant, I found many things out. Like, for one, the instructors name was General Wallace. Another was army people loved swearing. In the fifteen minute trip, I must've heard each word used in at least thirteen different ways. Which I found as funny and interesting. And they even said that they were tuning it down because I was with them. But still, almost every time one of their mouthes would open, out came a curse.

“So guys. What do you do on a regular day? Or is it like it was today, with everyone sitting around.”

The General was the first, that I understood, to answer, “Well, on a normal day, we're usually sitting on our asses, blowing shit out our ears. But on a fun day, we get to go around and rescue people, or even blow some bastards out of the sky.” A big smile came over his face. Blowing people out of the sky sounded fun to me too.

“Yeah! And those little bitches don't ever know what hit 'em!” This time it was Corporal Lee that butted in. And his comment made every person on the buss erupt in cheers.

The buss went down the highway. It wasn't going very fast, though I thought it could. The people started getting rowdier and rowdier. The buss driver even had to stop and yell at them. I stayed in my seat, trying not to get crushed. There were so many people talking at the same time, you couldn't even hear what the person next to you was saying. The must do this often.

When we, finally, got to the restaurant, the General stood up and addressed the crowd:

“Well ladies. We've made it! And you can't forget what this little excursion is about. Zaq's membership into the SFC, and also having the youngest member! Now, Time To Celebrate!”

The buss groaned as everyone jumped up and headed straight for the exit. Since there was only one, they had to wait for one another. It seemed like it took forever before I stepped off the buss, but I wasn't the last one. The General came out behind me, slightly pushing me forward.

The night sky was black and starless. The moon was bright and full, somewhere there was a werewolf transforming. But hopefully that wasn't anywhere near here. General Wallace was the first person to go into the restaurant, leading everyone else. The waitress' and guests looked stunned. They hadn't seen so many military people in one place, well since WWIII. We found some tables in the back and sat down.
Back to top Go down
Acinonyx Jubatus
Biro
Biro

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:02 pm

Chapter Fifteen

We sat and ate for hours, each enjoying the meal placed before us. The restaurant wasn't a big one, though it managed to fit each one of us comfortably. And their menu wasn't extensive, but it had just what we wanted. As the night went on, someone would stand up and make a drunken toast for me, but since they were all drunk, it didn't sound good. But on the bright side, I learned most of their names, and also what not to get them to drink.

But dinner, or dessert was what we were at now, was abruptly ended when General Wallace received a call on his communicator. From what I heard, there was trouble in the Corlean Sector that needed to be taken care of. To me, it sounded like my first mission was coming soon. When Wallace's conversation ended, he slammed the communicator down on the table and stood up.

“Well ladies, it seems like we've got ourselves some trouble makers,” His speech was slurred and erratic, making it difficult to understand what he was talking about. “Now it's time to give this rookie some field training! Come on boys, back to base!”

The crowd stood up and roared, which temporarily deafened me. In my stunned state, I felt someone grab my arm. With one swift jerk, General Wallace yanked me out of the booth and up onto my feet. I staggered forward, trying to get my legs to work. Once I figured left from right, I wasn't drunk, only tired, I made my way back to the bus. When all the soldiers made it onto the bus, the driver started it up and took off toward the base.

I couldn't imagine how all these guys were going to get inside a space-craft and fly it. They must have something at the base that gets rid of drunkenness. That would be something that the government would keep hidden from the public. But it was fun hanging around with drunks, it made you think. They'd bring something up, that made them feel smart, and then forget what they had just been talking about. Like I said, drunks are fun.

The base was huge, or at least the front gate was. We arrived there approximately twenty minutes after we left the restaurant. The front gate loomed over the bus, making me feel like a tiny beetle. It looked like it was made from iron, grey, and heavy. They creaked open just enough to let us pass through, where, on the other side, we were stopped by an armed and armoured guard. He stopped the bus, asking the driver for the proper authorization. When he received said documents, we traveled deeper into the base.

--

Tiffani watched as the spaceport slowly made it's way toward them. She had been dreading this moment ever since they left. This was the final step to never seeing Zaq again. She had been trying not to think about him the entire trip, but now, he was they only thing on her mind. She thought about how much she was going to miss him, and hoped he was going to miss her. And she also hopped that she would get to see him again.

Stacy stopped the car in front of the front entrance. Jack stepped out of the car and sieved their luggage from the trunk. Stacy and Tiffani stepped out of the car and followed Jack inside. The spaceport was like any twenty-first century airport. The floors were some type of white linoleum, and the wall were plain white, and almost too bright to look straight into. There were many metal detectors around, and a guard standing at each one.

Jack turned and headed for the front counter, attempting to purchase three one way tickets to Mars. That, in itself, was a hard task. Everyone now wanted to leave from this planet and hop onto another, and Mars was the closest habitable one. The tickets were very expensive, but Jack paid the profound costs and got the tickets. They made their way to the first metal detector, emptied their pockets, and went through. Afterwards, they went through the second and final detector. Their path to the ship was finally clear, save giving the receptionist the tickets.

Jack led the party onto the ship and down the aisles to their row. Tiffani sat down in the seat closest to the window, Stacy took the middle, and Jack got into the aisle seat. Within no time, the ship was starting to move. The captain came over the intercom and reminded everyone to buckle their seat belts, and not to panic should anything happen. Stacy looked over to Tiffani and whispered in her ear.

“You okay hon? I know that you're sad about leaving that boy, but it's for the best.”

Tiffani shot her mom a tear-filled look. “No, it's not for the best. If it was for the best we could've stayed on Earth! Why do we have to leave? What was so wrong with Earth?”

“I don't know. Your father thinks we'll be able to have more peace on Mars. Besides, you've always wanted to go to Mars.”

“Yeah, but not like this.” Tiffani ended the conversation by looking out the window, and not looking back. She would remain that way for most of the trip, angered by her mother's comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wars Of Space   

Back to top Go down

The Wars Of Space
Page 1 of 1